From Kolab Wiki
Kolab2 Server and Client on Debian with OpenPKG
Customers of the Kolab-Konsortium run Debian Woody and Sarge installations sucessfully. The installations are based on the officiall Kolab Server OpenPKG version.
Debian Woody and Sarge are the main test platform for the Kolab 2 server and the KDE Kolab Client (Kontact Proko2 Version).
- The Debian init Script should have come with your Kolab Server's OpenPKG installation.
Some people have had problems on Debian lenny/amd64 with Horde. If you can see your login screen at https://your.domain/horde but when you try to login, you get a broken connection to the web server (or an empty file, depending on the browser), that's because you're being hit by the nss-db problem and the apache process that was serving your page crashed. Just removing the libnss-db package from your system fixes the problem and allows you to use the Horde webmail server.
Kolab2 on Debian natively
- Made of native packages (aka .deb). Simple as apt-get!
- Depends on native daemons (postfix, slapd, cyrus, ...)
- Respect file path (FHS)
- May not be the latest Kolab Server version
- Is not officially supported by the Kolab Development team
- Doesn't include all the latest patches for the Web Client as the native horde packages are used