From Kolab Wiki
In order to have a storage format which allows us to model all needed properties for all supported types, the Kolab XML Format was rebased on the existing xCal/xCard standards. To ease client implementation and to improve interoperability libkolabxml is developed, which servers as a serialization/de-serialization library. This library can be used from several languages through bindings.
- Based on official standards:
- Todos/Events/Journals are fully xCal compliant
- Contacts/Distributionlists are fully xCard compliant
- Can model everything which is used in the Kolab XML Format 2.0, Kontact and Roundcube.
- Easily extensible
- Canonical storage format
- Supports Todos/Events/Journals/Contacts/Distribution Lists/Notes/Configurations
- Few dependencies: Boost, xerces-c
- Efficient impelmentation
- Structural validation of XML-Documents through XML-Schema
- Language bindings for PHP and Python
- API matching the Kolab Format specification (respectively the used xCal/xCard specifications)